Ultimate Guide to Exhibiting at Tradeshows & Exhibitions, Part Two
September 18, 2017
Welcome to instalment number two of the ultimate guide to exhibiting at tradeshows & exhibitions. . In this edition we will highlight some of the leading tradeshows across different industries and give you a guide to choosing to a tradeshow exhibit design/contractor agency . Let’s get started….
Where to exhibit?
So, you’ve decided to exhibit but the big question is where? Here is a list of what we consider to be the some of the top exhibitions and tradeshows across EMEA and APAC.
Barcelona Spain – 5 – 9 November 2017 – Gartner Symposium/ITxpo in Barcelona, where 6,000+ CIOs and senior IT executives will gain a strategic view of the emerging trends shaping IT and business.
Paris France – 6 – 10 November 2017 – #BATIMAT is the building industry’s leading multi-specialist international trade show. It is where 340,000 decision-makers and industry professionals come together to choose innovative solutions for current and future buildings. It is the forum for promoting or exclusively unveiling innovations to specialist decision-makers from French and international markets.
Düsseldorf Germany 13 – 16 November 2017 – #MEDICA is the world’s largest event for the medical sector. For more than 40 years it has been firmly established on every expert’s calendar. There are many reasons why MEDICA is so unique. Firstly, the event is the largest medical trade fair in the world – in 2016 it attracted more than 5,100 exhibitors from 70 countries in 17 halls.
Birmingham United Kingdom 4 – 8 February 2018 – #Spring Fair showcases more than 2,500 exhibitors from the UK and all over the world, across 14 show sectors, Glee and Jewellery & Watch, bringing the newest, most exciting products to more than 58,000 visitors each year at the NEC Birmingham.
London United Kingdom, 6 – 8 February 2018 – #ICE Totally Gaming represents the entire gaming industry covering landbased and online channels across all sectors. ICE is a meeting place, market place, educational and debating forum, networking and social hub for the gaming industry involving the demand and supply side, regulators, third parties, opinion formers and industry leaders.
Barcelona Spain – 26 February – 1 March 2018 – Mobile World Congress ( #MWC18 ) is the world’s largest gathering for the mobile industry, organised by the GSMA. Where 100,000 + visitor’s attend from 204 countries, to meet with 2000 + exhibitors and hear over 100 hours’ worth of thought leadership content.
Berlin Germany – 7 – 11 March 2018 – #ITB Berlin is the world’s largest travel trade fair. It provides a unique opportunity to look behind the curtain of the global tourism industry. Each year the ITB (short for Internationale Tourismus Börse) welcomes around 10,000 exhibitors from more than 180 countries and regions. Cities, tour operators, booking system developers, airlines, hotels and other businesses concerned with tourism introduce themselves and their services and inspire wanderlust.
Moscow Russia – 3 – 6 April 2018 – #WorldBuild Moscow/MosBuild is the largest building and finishing materials exhibition in Russia. 64,490 professionals of the building industry from 81 regions of Russia visited WorldBuild Moscow/MosBuild 2017.
Barcelona, Spain 16 – 19 April 2018 – #Alimentaria is the leading trade show for food, drinks and gastronomy in both Spain and the Mediterranean Arc, and an international benchmark for the industry. With 3500 plus exhibitors and over 40,000 trade visitor’s from 157 countries.
Singapore 14 – 16 March 2018 – Taking place every two years, the Maritime and Offshore industry converge at #APM, turning every moment into an opportunity, transforming three days of meetings into deals and networking events into ground-breaking partnerships. Join 14,954 visitors and buyers from Asia, 1,500 exhibiting companies from 60 countries. Catering to the needs of the industry in Asia and beyond, providing the technological innovation and thought-leadership that will help pave the way towards a brighter and more connected world.
Singapore – 26 -28 June 2018 – #ConnecTechAsia, the brand new umbrella event encompassing CommunicAsia, BroadcastAsia and the new NXTAsia, is where technology, ideas and business converge. ConnecTechAsia is Asia’s only B2B platform that covers the entire spectrum of communication, broadcast, and enterprise technology and services
Stuck for choice? We can provide you with a free tradeshow evaluation service please email us at email@example.com.
Choosing the right Stand Designer/Builder
You’ve chosen the show but now it’s time to work on a killer stand design. There are literally hundreds of tradeshow/exhibition stand designers and builders in EMEA and APAC but finding the right one can be daunting.
- Before you take the leap, take time to consider the following:It’s unlikely that your stand designer/builder will have a fabrication plant in all the countries where you wish to exhibit. This means they’ll be relying on the services of local partners. Their relationship with this partner will be reflected in both the cost and the final product.
- Assess whether you want to work with an agency. A full-service agency such as Lah-Cal, will assist and guide you through the design and build process of your stand. On top of this we offer a full marketing campaign (from pre-through post) and expertly integrate any current marketing campaigns onto your stand.
- Look at your designer’s experience. Do they have proven experience working with your business genre? Visual communication has its own, unique dialect – make sure your designer is fluent.
- Besides studying their portfolio, make sure to read client feedback. Your potential designer/builder may be the hottest talent out there but do they stick to deadlines, budgets and communicate throughout the process?
- Does your potential designer/builder regularly attend events and shows? If so, which ones? Ideally your contractor will be in-tune with the latest booth design.
- Does the contractor ‘get’ you and your business? It’s imperative that they understand your brand and the idea and the message behind your logo (including the corporate colours etc).
- What is the account manager/director to client ratio? This information will give you an idea of how much time they can dedicate (and if that’s enough). At LAH-CAL, once engaged with a client from the RFP stage, the account is handled by an account director who is with that client from the initial meeting until the very last exhibit delivered. Our account directors are supported by account managers, who work with no more than three clients across different industries at any one time.
- What budgets does your potential contractor work with? Assessing the budgets of previous clients and whether they stick to them is invaluable.
At the end of the day, any agency you choose to work with should be one that is prepared to put out all the stops. Although they may not fully understand your brand to begin with, they should be willing to learn as well as acting as your dedicated external team. An agency should bring knowledge and learning to your table to help you meet your tradeshow program goals.
If you missed part one of Ultimate guide to exhibiting at Tradeshow & Exhibitions you can read it by clicking here
Next week we will be sharing with you a design guide for exhibits and ideas on connecting your brands to trades visitors. Cannot wait till them or want the whole guide please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.